Re: [LUG] Need a application for people to up/download documents

On Sat, 2012-08-04 at 14:52 +0100, Martin Gautier wrote:
> On 04/08/12 14:07, stinga wrote:
> >
> > G'day all,
> >
> > Basically a posh ftp server that non-techie people can use.
> > Want to be able to allow people access to documents via a browser.
> > Like to be able to 'brand' it so they know what they are looking at.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Failing that I will just use ftp and they will have to send thew stuff
> > to me for uploading, not ideal :-(.
> >
> There are a number of PHP based "File Manager" apps around which will
> allow you to upload and download in a pretty way. CKFinder can do it -
> it has a free demo mode that does everything and is pretty cheap to buy.
> There are open source ones around but the names slip my mind - sorry. I
> did a little research into these types of solution a couple of years
> ago. I didn't come across any shockers and the reviews I found were
> reasonable...
>
> SSH on the server with Winscp? Winscp is an FTP type client for SSH file
> transfers. Filezilla can do this too.
>
> Regs
> Martin

My host uses
https://www.streamlineftp.net/?ftpserver=ftp.streamline.net&ftpserverport=21&username=burnhamharriers.co.uk&password_encrypted=73313332323331&language=en&skin=blue&ftpmode=automatic&passivemode=yes&sslconnect=no&viewmode=list&sort=&sortorder=&dire

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
Skype minions_shop