Re: [LUG] Linux as a gaming platform? reprise - bbc news

On 02/08/12 12:37, Roland Tarver wrote:
On 07/26/2012 01:15 PM, paul sutton wrote:
Sorry for the top post here

I have added this to the thread as it seems directly related to the thread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18996377

to quote one part

"

Mr Newell, who worked for Microsoft for 13 years on Windows, said his
company had embraced the open-source software Linux as a "hedging
strategy" designed to offset some of the damage Windows 8 was likely to do.

"We want to make it as easy as possible for the 2,500 games on Steam to
run on Linux as well," said Mr Newell."

Raises a few other issues too

Paul