Re: [LUG] Firefox 13 rendering issues

On 31/07/12 21:15, bad apple wrote:

> Does nobody else use the nightly builds? I've been running freshly
> compiled bleeding edge releases for years without a single problem and
> it's really miles ahead of the release versions: much faster, better
> add-on compatibility, lower memory usage, etc etc. If you're lazy and
> don't want to/know how to compile your own builds there are even nightly
> binaries released for Mac/Win/Linux. Highly recommended.

I run Firefox Aurora at work. Mainly to spot firefox compatibility
issues as early as possible.

Perhaps because I do web development, and use relevant plug-in, but I
find the compatibility with plug-ins is often a problems (fortunately
Chrome developer tools can usually substitute except for Firefox
specific issues of course).

Also hit one bug already this week.

The progress in features doesn't seem that impressive, and getting them
early but broke or half baked isn't worth the effort. In contrast I run
Debian stable Iceweasel at home and it "just works".