Re: [LUG] how to install and configger the preempt real time audio kernle?

On 22/07/12 01:41, trahern culver wrote:
> hey all can some one explain to me or send me a link that explains
> how to install and configure the preempt real time audio kernel? i
> couldn't find written instructions on how to do this i'm looking to
> use it with ubuntu 12.04 when i get my linux lap top your help with
> this request would be most welcome kind regards trahern.

The Ubuntu Studio folk maintain a set of low latency kernel packages, so
I assume you could install one of those?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudioPreparation

There are several other folk maintaining kernel packages with similar
features, so any of those might be used instead.

What's your motivation for such an esoteric package?

Only people I've seen using real time kernels are basically doing
professional music recording or editing tasks. I'm sure there are other
people with reasons to do this, but I've not met them.