Re: [LUG] Libre Office and Spell Check

On 20/07/12 17:44, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I have noticed that the spell check is not working properly in Libre
> Office writer. Is it just me or is this a known problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil

Spellcheck works OK for me on LibreOffice 3.5.4.2.

This looks like an example of the  problems Scribus and other packages
have been having when using aspell. These can be solved By using
hunspell instead if aspell or Ispell. hunspell is definitely superior.

Check Tools>Options>Writing Aids especially that it uses hunspell for
spell checking. Also check that hunspell is installed.

Else if you're using a version of LibreOffice < 3.5.4.2 then upgrade.

Keith