Re: [LUG] tshirt printing via inkjet

On 18/07/2012, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm toying with the idea of making some bespoke t-shirts with
> 'throwaway' designs  and the best option appears to be some really cheap
> t-shirts and some fabric transfer paper. It looks like I can make some
> for ~£5 !
> Has anyone experience of making transfers using this technology and any
> pointers to more reliable ways of making something more lasting.

I've given this a go a few times and the results are reasonably
pleasing initially but soon degrade after a few washes.  If you're
going to go this route make sure you turn shirts inside out before you
wash, this will help a bit.

Smaller designs seem better - a company logo seems to work well but a
full a4 size will look rough pretty quick.

I've seen some good looking results printing directly onto fabric with
modified printers although I have no idea if they will wear any
better: http://hackaday.com/2010/06/06/how-to-diydtg/