Re: [LUG] mini dongle

On Tuesday 03 Jul 2012 10:51:05 Alex Mclennan wrote:
> hello to all
> i have a mini wireless dongle which i am trying to install on an old
> laptop,the os is pclinuxos lightweight x11,can anyone tell me how to do
> this please i have a disk,and have manage to extract the linux files from
> it onto my desktop. regards
>
> from an idiot at home
> alex the noob
Hi Alex. you are using a fork of Mandriva? (I'm using Mageia which forked
about 2 years ago) Does PcLinux still have the MDV "control Centre", if so you
can us it to set up the dongle. If not open a terminal type su - enta, (thats
a space and a -), you will be prompted for your admin password. When you have
a root login on the terminal, type "lsusb" and post us the output. That will
tell the list what chip is in the dongle and google will tel us if its
supported ;)
Regards John (Led43)
--
Registered Linux user number 414240

Guy Faulks the only person to enter the Parliament with honest intentions and
he was going to blow them up !