Re: [LUG] Photoshop on Linux?

What are the compatibility problems?

We seem to be having issues with layers from Photoshop to GIMP. also, we cant seem to be able to layer text which is important (not sure if there is a plugin that does this). Also, we seem to have issues with clients opening GIMP created files. GIMP also seems to flatten files originally created Photoshop files without you telling it to - rendering the layers totally useless.

I find that the reason Photoshop users struggle with the likes of GIMP etc is because they have learnt to have a Photoshop 'mindset' when it comes to graphics.
I am sure that I would be able to configure GIMP to look like the Photoshop GUI - but I think, as you say, there are some frustrating functionality issues when coming from a Photoshop background.

A lot of people like myself that have never used it find have little to no difficulty with the likes of GIMP, Inkscape etc.

Inkscape is an exception. We both like Inkscape as an alternative to Illustrator.

--
Joe Buckle

Webaholic!