Re: [LUG] Fw: 12.04 screen shot

On 06/06/12 13:17, Alan Lumb wrote:
My problem is what to do next.
I have tried reinstalling Windows XP but that crashes! It starts reformatting the partition then after about 6% is stops, making a repeated loud ee-orrr sound! I have tried several times.

Alan

It does seem to be starting services then stopping them which does seem
rather odd as to what is causing this not sure,

Sorry this isn't really much help,  However as it can;'t start a
service or perhaps if the hardware has a problem perhaps it does this
automatically.

aul

I missed the original screenshots.

That sounds like a bad Hard Drive or controller. It might explain why Ubuntu is having trouble.

Can you try a different drive?

Martin