Re: [LUG] New Member

On Wed, 30 May 2012, Darren Ward wrote:

Hello to you all,

I have been using linux for over 10 years now and was a member of this list about 5 Years ago. Has anybody been able to buy a Raspberry PI as yet, paid for mine today and am eagerly awaiting its delivery.

Hi Darren,

Welcome on-board!

There are a few of us (myself included) on the list with Pi's, so you'll not be alone!

RS are quoting a 3-4 week delivery (I think) and the Farnell ones are slowly being rolled out, so hang in there and you'll get it soon.

I've put some initial setup stuff on https://projects.drogon.net/raspberry-pi/initial-setup1/ (which I'll be updating today to reflect some other changes too)

And if you're near Paignton or Exeter, then check the meets (although technically the Exeter LUG is a separate group, there is a degree of cross-pollination!) The Exeter LUG pages are at http://exeter.lug.org.uk/

Gordon