Re: [LUG] Blueman

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Trying to connect to a phone using Blueman. Some of it works but I cant set
> the phone as a network device.
> There seems to be a bug reported with the problem I'm having but no-one
> seems to be working on it.
> Anyone know any other ways of getting a phone to be a 'plugin' disk on
> bluetooth?
> Tom te tom te tom

Are you trying to access the files on it (as 'plugin disk' would
infer, to my mind) or are you trying to access the phone as a network
device (as per your second sentence)?

For the former, I would make sure you have the relevant OBEX stuff
installed and then try firing up your favourite file manager (or
rather Nautilus / whatever KDE uses these days) and try accessing
obex://ma:ca:dd:re:ss

For the latter, are you trying to get your phone to dial-out to
provide an Internet connection? Are you trying to 'tether' using
Bluetooth?

Grant.