Re: [LUG] Plug in NAS/proxy box and remote stuff.

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, tom wrote:

We have a couple of holiday cottages and people want WiFi . I only get 2MB here and I need to work on some of that. I was wondering what was available that I could use to allow them 1MB while I live on the other 1M and whatever they're not using. Also I'd like it to be able to act as a print hub and stick USB drives on it for backup. And run a proxy off it too...

It's called a "PC running Linux".

ALso 12v Stuff. I'm thinking of getting a 100W solar panel for a radio in my polytunnel and while I'm their I thought I might connect the pollytunnel up by wifi and wondering if anyone know of any stuff that runs of 12v and can take a roasting in thepolly tunnel?

e.g. this:

http://linitx.com/product/13248

12V, 1A. Put it outside the polytunnel.

So slave that to the house wi-Fi then run a cable to your laptop, or to a 2nd access point.

Gordon