Re: [LUG] Controversial ?

On 28/04/12 14:32, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

> I've been toying with the idea of setting up a PlymLUG (or PLUG) for a
> while. It would essentially, for me, be a local extension of the
> DCGLUG rather than supplanting it.
>
> Grant.

I think this may work too,  perhaps the dclug has grown too large,  and
as I said too widespread to be really effective on a local level,  we
can pool knowledge and be very very good at that. A lot of lugs around
the country have regular talks and do things on a really local level.

As long as each of these groups don't drift away from the dclug then we
remain effective,  ok if Grant is doing this in Plymouth,  perhaps
someone can do something similar in cornwall ?

As people have already mentioned the fact windows 8 is out later this
year, don't forget also the government want to make billions more in
cuts.   The more linux users we can find / bring together and support
the stronger we will be.

Paul