Re: [LUG] custom open disc

On 27/04/12 18:56, alex mclennan wrote:
> On 04/26/2012 05:00 PM, paul sutton wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> My customised open disc is now up to 3.0 gbs  which is far better than
>> just over 1.  OK i have a few duplicates on there,  older and newer
>> versions of stuff,  but its getting there, got the menu / navigation
>> system sorted so it looks OK  but it works.
>>
>> Paul
>>
> just picked up on this thread,are you going to put the disc up for
> down load or just for the lug meets.
> i know rob beard did a disc i think a couple of years back,very useful
> bit of kit.
> alex the noob

At present it's work in progress,  I need to get a pack of recordable
dvd's  and make a few copies,  and bring these to the next lug meeting
in Paignton.   So you are welcome to help out with the project,  if
anything if it helps spread the word and helps lug members install
common apps for people who want alternatives then that is a 'good' thing.

The idea of this is to carry on where Rob left off,  due to lack of time
the project stalled i think, so if a few of us are willing to work on
it,  then we can probably get somewhere,  the official project website
is out of date,  people need new versions of things,  you can't go six
months and not keep things up t date if you do you end up missing
several revisions.   I have firefox and thunderbird 12 on there at the
moment.

feel free to drop in to irc to discuss further,  :)

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com

skype : psutton111