[LUG] DTMF on Debian

apt-cache search dtmf suggests dtmfdial looks promising, however doesn't
look like it kept pace with changes in sound architecture and is being
removed in next version. My box here doesn't even have a sounds device
file it could use by default :(

If I want to dial "tel:" links in webpages semi-automagically, via sounds
card preferably (I don't want to plug a v90 modem in or similar).

This is more a prove it works things, what is easiest route.

Also browser plugin for same?