Re: [LUG] Bluetooth

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, Neil Winchurst wrote:

On 23/04/12 14:09, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Do you have a bluetooth adapter in your computer? If not, then you're
not going to find it...

Bluetooth uses the 2.4GHz spectrum, but at a very low power, however
it's not compatible with Wi-Fi, but the 2 co-exist OK. Early devices
would run Bluetooth or Wi-Fi but not both at the same time due to
hardware restrictions - newer ones can now run both.

USB Bluetooth adapters are under a tenner now.

Gordon

Thanks for all the help from  you all. I see now that I need to get a
Bluetooth adapter for the desk top computer. The phone will have one
already it seems. Amazon here we come.

Then I must do some research into what I can do with it. My previous
phones did not include it so I have never bothered till now.

In theory there is a lot of "stuff" you can do with it - you could have
your PC use the phone as a modem over the bt connection, or send txt
messages, or exchange files with the phone, or make calls from the PC via
the phone...

Or you can just plug a USB cable into the phone from the PC to download
images off it when you've used its camera, and forget all about using
bluetooth to your desktop...

Gordon