Re: [LUG] samsung nc10 distro suggestions please.

On 19 April 2012 00:33, paul sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyone got experience with what would be a good distribution for samsung
NC10 netbook

Samsung NC10's with 160GB HDD, 1.6Ghz Intel Atom processors and 1GB RAM.

In terms of Linux distro to install,  (will be running scratch,  and
other programming languages, and I will try and get rtb on there too :)

I was thinking debian,  as that should run really smoothly,   my netbook
is currently very similar spec,  so i know ubuntu runs fine,  but I want
something a little more generic,    Anyone got experiences they can
share,  what to watch out for  while installing etc

Paul

I'd say use one of the more lightweight WMs. I've got an Asus eee with similar specs running Fedora - it is a little slow so I'm looking to replace the OS with one that uses XFCE or LXDE when I get a chance.
Jason