Re: [LUG] Telephone call re my computer

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Keith Abraham wrote:
> Just a phone call from someone claiming to be Ebay customer service
> asking for Mrs Kate Abraham. Obviously a scam as, apart for getting my
> name (and sex) incorrect, Ebay does not have my telephone number (and as
> far as I know no one else's either).

Any idea what they were calling about?

eBay does store some people's phone numbers (it doesn't look like a
mandatory option and I haven't given them mine, but I could) so it
could have been eBay. There is always the chance that someone has
given them your contact details. Which would still be a scam, but one
of a different nature. And much more serious.

Martijn.