Re: [LUG] (no subject)

On 03/04/12 01:57, bad apple wrote:

Right, that was a bit of a surprise to see first thing when logging in this afternoon... This is the first time in ~20 years that I've seen spam originate from (one of) my addresses. Especially as this yahoo account is essentially a throwaway that I use for semi-random forum/website/authentication emails.

A quick check of the email headers as compared to my usual details show these two spams originated from this IP address: 92.48.118.11. A quick whois shows the netblock belongs to Simply Transit Ltd/AS29550 and a quick google shows they are known spammers. Case closed. I know my password is secure and has been changed anyway just to be on the safe side, but it's a standard case of forged headers anyway. Weird. Not very well targetted either: spamming a linux user group with baby products was a bit lame. The URL supplied isn't even an attack page, which is even more lame.

Anyway, apologies about that, not that there was the slightest thing I could have done about it.

And as for a keylogger being involved, um, no. That at least gave me a good laugh.

Cheers,

Mat