Re: [LUG] IT TECH JOB

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012, paul sutton wrote:

On 30/03/12 11:51, tom wrote:
On 30/03/12 11:36, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2012, paul sutton wrote:

Well I did say Torbay,  Anyway its the thought that counts.   If people
here see any other jobs going please post here as it could really help
people.  :)

First line support, full-time for £11,238. Ye gods. What sort of
talent is that going to attract?

Gordon
None - if you can read you can get more than that so....
Tom te tom te tom

Welcome to life in the Public sector,  oddly this is the sector that
people keep saying pays more than the private sector,   It could
actually explain why people don't stick around in these jobs for very
long too, but for someone starting out with little experience,  it's a
start and better then the dole i guess.

Not when you then have to fork out on petrol, or bus fares,  and lose
all the nice perks of being on benefits.

what sort of salary should be expected at this level then ?

To deal with the crap you'd have to put up with for front-line support, then at least double.

Then again, all the front-line has to say is "Have you tried turning it off and back on again"... "Oh, you have? Ok, I'll escalate it - here is a ticket number" ...

Gordon