Re: [LUG] Jiffies and the perils of not properly solving a problem properly

On 26/03/12 19:20, bad apple wrote:

> http://wiki.debian.org/Xen
>
> The section on clocksources has all you need. For some reason Xen domUs
> seem to historically be plagued with timekeeping bugs, I've run into
> this before myself.

Thanks Mat, I've read that section.

Does this mean that to have a clocksource of jiffies available in the
guest I have to have access to the dom0 configuration?

A lot of that section is inapplicable to HVM guests since there is no
xen.independent_wallclock setting. The xen clock source (not mentioned
on the wiki) is available in later versions of Xen, and recent stock
Debian kernels will look to see if it is present.