Re: [LUG] Bit of a bargain and could be handy. TP-LInk WiFi/3g Router "Piratebox"

On 24/03/12 10:38, John wrote:

http://www.ebuyer.com/290691-tp-link-150mbps-portable-3g-wireless-n-router-tl-mr3020

These were reduced to Â35 and have suddenly just dropped to Â11.13
I've ordered 3 :P

On its own it may not sound too exciting, but :
http://wiki.daviddarts.com/PirateBox_DIY_OpenWrt#Tutorial_A:_TP-Link_MR3020

That link guides you through installing OpenWRT and a custom software on
it, then configure it to work as a Wifi web server allowing people to
share files locally. It seems pretty simple really and done fairly
easily.

Ignore the "Pirate" bit if you want, it could be handy at LUG meetings
for sharing things like latest distro's, Full Circle magazines etc

I've got a 12v>  USB power adapter coming for the car and I'll also
probably look later on into building/acquiring a battery pack for it.

Thanks for the heads up John, I might order a couple myself.

Rob