Re: [LUG] IRC reprise

On 18/03/12 20:50, paul sutton wrote:
Hi

just been chatting to roly on IRC,  I would like to propose a regular
slot for people on the list to meet up on IRC,   that way the channel
active and people have someone to chat to,

so I therefore propose Sunday evenings at about 8 ish,  This may not
suit everyone (doing so is impossible)  but if a people can agree on
different times, perhaps then have several slots (like we have several
lug meets)

May just help,  as I am sure we keep missing each other.

Just an idea

Paul

+1

Was good chatting Paul.

I think that having an IRC "slot" is a good plan. Some informal chat this evening has resulted in some good ideas about floss advocacy and the community in the torbay area (see Paul's other mail). Pleased I took part. I suspect our ideas would have been less likely to develop using the, arguably, less spontaneous mailing list. :-) ...

Sundays, about 2000H, seems sensible to me.

Best wishes - have a good week at work all.

Roly :-)