Re: [LUG] Anyone managed to grab a slice of Pi?

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Rob Beard wrote:

On 29/02/12 13:20, Dan wrote:
Just got a confirmation email from them, expected delivery date: W/C 16/04/2012

I wonder if that's from the first batch or if it's going to be manufactured to order?

If it's made to order then it doesn't seem like a long wait.

AIUI (From twitter and other sources) the first batch of 10,000 boards are
still being shipped from China and (again, AIUI) these were the ones that
were sold out in the first few minutes this morning... (Although how their
websites coped with anything is anyones guess!) So these are all now being
made to order. I've seen various dates posted through the day from March
to April, so I suspect it's anyones guess.

I've been out all day and not been able to place an order until now (Via
Farnell), but while I've had an acknowledgement, I've not had a ship-date
yet.

Meanwhile running up their Debian image under Qemu is tonights little job...

Gordon