Re: [LUG] Anyone managed to grab a slice of Pi?

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> So like many others I got up early to try and grab a slice of Raspberry Pi.
>  In the end I gave up.  It seems though that the foundation have got RS and
> Farnell involved for manufacturing and distribution so according to the
> static page on the RaspberryPi.org web site it should be quicker to get
> these devices manufactured and shipped out.

I phoned Farnell this morning as the website was down and got a back
order estimate of 16/03/2012 but I would not hold my breath on that, I
have seen this kind of back order dates slip on both RS/Farnell before
and I think demand is way more that either RS or Farnell anticipated,
despite warnings from the Raspberry Pi team.

Robin