Re: [LUG] an opportunity to promote linux

On 18/02/12 10:35, Paul Sutton wrote:

following on from the Paignton day centre posting i have had a reply
back saying they will put me on their list and put me in touch with
people who want to know more about linux etc, However they have asked me
if I am able to do a talk on the topic i can go in and chat casually but
giving talks is not really my area.

so we as a lug now have a REAL OPPORTUNITY to actually do something
positive, to promote OSS so we need to take this up, they are doing a
few skill swap events in march (details will be on the website
www.eatthatfrog.org

i can take the weekend off rugby or arrange things further providing
that I have some form of commitment to people helping and turning up.

Paul

I wrote a very very basic "Introduction to Linux / FLOSS Presentation". Lasts about 35 mins. Happy to deliver to anyone who will listen or provide the presentation for others to do the same.

The more notice you can give me (regarding a date) the more chance I will have to attend. :-)

Good work
Best wishes
roly :-)