Re: [LUG] wifi adapter for panasonic TV

On 11/02/12 11:54, Julian Hall wrote:
>  On 10/02/2012 20:34, paul sutton wrote:
>> I am looking for a wireless adapter thing, so I can connect our
>> panasonic tv ( has capability for this as it has both cat 5 and usb
>> socket)  to the wireless network to allow the tv to download content
>> from the internet,   looking that the following, will this type of
>> device work.
>>
>> http://www.decrescent.com/Computer-Bits/USB-Wifi-Wireless-Adapter-666/&cID=64?gclid=CJjt2POflK4CFVE8fAodXHgWKQH
>>

>> The propriatory panasonic device is about 70 quid but if it is using
>> networking protocols surely anything should work,  unless the propratory
>> version has some sort of firm ware to make it workl.
>>
>> thanks for any help
>>
>> Paul
> If I understand you right, the TV has an ethernet port?  Could you not
> just connect a wireless Ethernet Bridge into that?
>
> Julian

i have one, I can't get it to work,  I tried to configure it using my
netbook, that way I have a keyboard to enter ip addresses etc,  it can
see my router but the packets don't go any further. it is set to client
mode, which I was told to set it to,  eithernet bridge means nothing to
me, sorry.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com