Re: [LUG] wifi adapter for panasonic TV

On 10/02/12 20:34, paul sutton wrote:
I am looking for a wireless adapter thing, so I can connect our
panasonic tv ( has capability for this as it has both cat 5 and usb
socket)  to the wireless network to allow the tv to download content
from the internet,   looking that the following, will this type of
device work.

http://www.decrescent.com/Computer-Bits/USB-Wifi-Wireless-Adapter-666/&cID=64?gclid=CJjt2POflK4CFVE8fAodXHgWKQH

The propriatory panasonic device is about 70 quid but if it is using
networking protocols surely anything should work,  unless the propratory
version has some sort of firm ware to make it workl.

thanks for any help

Paul
Sounds similar to Samsung's Smart TV. Their proprietory dongle is also about £70. Standard wifi dongles don't necessarily work. We plumped for a compatible one we found after some google research. I tried an old belkin (phwew) which didn't work - but then that could have because it was belkin rather than anything else...

Works quite nicely with our Buffalo linkstation NAS with the DNLA plugin switched on. The TV doesn't seem to like MP4s but AVIs are fine.

Martin