Re: [LUG] Phones et al

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Dan Dart wrote:

Hi all,

I thought since the lot of you seemed to be talking a lot about
phones, I thought it would be apt for me to squeeze a question in.

I've been looking for a new phone / new contract.

If I were to go for another monthly, it'd have to be a 12-month max -
with a phone with a keyboard - a /proper/ QWERTY one.
I've been looking around and which are available. The majority of
phone shops are useless - and don't stock anything like it.
Does anyone know of a deal/phone like the Samsung Captivate Glide
which seems like the sort of thing I'd want?
I'd not want a lot of calls and texts - but I'd need a very reliable,
speedy data connection with at least a gig. Preferably unlimited.

If I were to go for a PAYG - then I'd just want the cheapest calls and
texts as standard - maybe a bolton for free 01/02/03s - I know they
exist.
I don't use an awful lot of calls or texts - perhaps a few hours / 100
SMSs a month.

Anyone know something suitable?

Best data at the moment is probably Three, but check your coverage locally. Of-course if you use it at home with no good coverage, then you use Wi-Fi ...

As for the phone - very little choice right now if you want a keyboard - You might still find the odd HTC Desire-Z, but who knows. Have to say, I'm finding myself using the on-screen keyboard now for short messages though.

Gordon