Re: [LUG] USB disk

On 02/02/12 11:39:00, Julian Hall wrote:
One thought that occurs is that Windows is assigning the same drive letter to the USB drive when you plug it in as you're already using for another (possibly network) drive. It won't see the USB drive then for love, money or threats of physical violence. THAT I have seen in Windows and it's a pain in the proverbial. Go into Disk Management and you should see all the physical disks Windows recognises. The USB if there will doubtless have been assigned a drive letter you're already using. Change it to the next available one and close Disk Manager. You should then see your USB drive in Windows Explorer, and Windows will actually remember the right drive letter for next time.

G'day all,

What I have discovered it that windows it not giving it a driver letter. I have managed to find it in windows and I can give it a driver letter E: in this case and then I can read it.

Why does it not give it a driver letter, hmm?

I have 5 of them in this state. I will google!