Re: [LUG] Miredo ipv6

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012, Martijn Grooten wrote:

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Gordon Henderson wrote:
Miredo (subject of this thread) appears to be a software package that gives
you a static IPv6 address, so all's well (For Kai)

No, it does not. Your Miredo/Teredo IPv6 address 'contains' your IPv4
address, so the former will be as static/dynamic as the latter.

I'm sorry if my introducing Miredo suggested it did give you a static
IPv6 address. I mentioned it because I think it's the easiest way for
anyone to become IPv6-connected, regardless of router and ISP.

Right! I get it now. Yes, an easy way to get into IPv6, but not a solution if you're looking for a long-term static IP address - in thich case go to one of the sites I mentioned earlier...

Gordon