Re: [LUG] how do install debian 6

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, Rob Beard wrote:

Dunno how useful it'll be for Raspberry Pi but I guess it might help newbies out, although I'd say maybe a more newbie friendly distro might be a better option for complete newbies.

What I suspect might happen (hope?) is that someone (some ones) put together a distro (hopefully based on an exnsting one) and provide it as an sdcard image... So get your R-Pi, download 128MB of sdcard image (compressed!), expand and write it to the sdcard plugged into your usb-multi card device, plug sdcard into R-Pi and off you go.

I'd also like to think I can put in a blank sdcard, connect up a USB cd-rom (& keyboard) and Ethernet and boot it off CD directly into a netinst debian arm and off I go... But I've no idea how the SoC "bios" works - e.g. if it'll allow that sort of thing.

Maybe I'll read a bit more on it...

Gordon