Re: [LUG] USB extender

On 15/01/12 15:38, Mark Evans wrote:

On 14/01/12 17:21, tom wrote:
I have a leaky roof and as the house was obviously architect designed
it is almost impossible to get up to check the problem without a LOT>
of scaffolding.

It did occur to me that one solution might be a USB camera on a stick -
but I'd need about 30' (10m) of cable.
There are USB over CAT5 units, which will do 40-50m of cable.
http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/usb-boosta/usb-over-network-cable-extender/dp/CS16464

A 10m stick might not be the most stable of camera platforms, especially
if hand held though.
Not a lot of choice - if I could get up there to put a tripod up I wouldn’t need the camera! It will probably be a stick with a wheel off a sofa so I can push it up the roof into place.
That cable extender looks interesting!
Tom te tom te tom