[LUG] Well - there's a change...

So my battles to get my wife converted to Linux have finally paid off!

(Although there are outstanding issues - still, however)

She's taken on a new part-time job with a local charity and they all have nice shiny new Win7 PCs.. And she's cursing them like the cursed things they are! :)

Publisher - it's horrible compared to Scribus!

The new MS Office - can't find anything, not even a "save" button - it's all on lots of different tabs, all over the place...

"the icons are so f'ing patronising" ...

And many other whinges - e.g. email, although that's not on exchange, but hosted externally...

So there you go. It's just a shame we never got there before they bought all their new PCs, but they only know Windows, and I think go a good deal from a local PC shoppie in Torquay, so it would have been hard to change an entire org. overnight, but you never know...

Gordon