Re: [LUG] Asterisk - Blacklist wildcard by area code?

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012, Sam Grabham wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know if its possible to blacklist area codes via a wild card such as 0843 & 0844?

ie "database put blacklist 90843 1" and "database put blacklist 90844 1"

does the number need a wild-card identifier? such as * # % to suffix the number.

Will look into to this, but for speed i thought i would ask the list in-case someone has already done this.

Do you mean to stop people dialing out, or dialling in?

I've never used the built-in blacklist stuff, but I'm not sure it supports wildcards.

For inbound stuff, just direct it to an extension that won't answer

exten => _0844.,1,Noop(Bah)
exten => _0844.,n,Hangup()

To stop people dialling out, you can do it the same way, or just use an if statemnt.

I do it based on other criteria, but it's all just code at the end of the day:

;       Access Level 1 check:
;               No 09x or 070x numbers (premium rate)

exten =>  s,n(checkLevel1),Noop(Macro-dialOut: Level 1 access check - All but 09 and
070 ...)
exten =>  s,n,Set(DIGIT=${ARG1:1:1})
exten =>  s,n,GotoIf($[${DIGIT}=9]?noAccess)
exten =>  s,n,Set(DIGIT=${ARG1:1:2})
exten =>  s,n,GotoIf($[${DIGIT}=70]?noAccess:dialOutOK)

(this is inside a macro which is called when people dial 0 for an outside line - you are using 9 - how quaint ;-)

Gordon