Re: [LUG] ADSL2+ and download speed

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011, Neil Winchurst wrote:

Thanks for all the gen about how it all works. As you say, it is
probably a problem with my ISP, but I could go elsewhere and be even
worse off. (Frying pan and fire come to mind.)

I am using one of Fast's standard packages. They do offer Premium
packages too. That would cost me £12.26 more per month, which works out
at £147.12 per year! I can't justify that.

You get what you pay for.

So the constant download speed shown by my router is irrelevant, is that
correct?

Yes.

Your modem is showing you the line synchronisation speed. The speed you get will depend on everything else I wrote earlier.

Pay more money and you'll get a better service and it's as simple as that.

Gordon