Re: [LUG] TCP/IP through phone

On 23/12/11 12:21, tom wrote:
Rather than waste a lot of money on a phone that badly does what my
laptop does has anyone experience of using a mobile phone for internet
access?
Tom te tom te tom

Yes, works reasonably well on my Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.3.5 I think). I configure tethering via Wifi and it acts as a wifi hotspot. It drains the battery quickly but with a reasonably signal I can get a half decent connection, at least enough for when I'm out and about.

Probably worth checking with your provider though to see if they allow tethering.

Rob