Re: [LUG] Fwd: [nylug-talk] WebOS to be open sourced by HP

On 09/12/11 21:02, paul sutton wrote:
> Sounds good to me,  :)
>
> Paul

Sounds a bit ominous to me... hope this isn't just HP effectively
abandoning the goodies they got from acquiring Palm and praying that
some open source hackers are just going to come along and pick up all
the development slack for them. Too many companies are doing the whole
"look at us, we're opensourcing product X" thing but it's frequently
corporate double-talk for "we can't be bothered with this crap any more,
please come and fix it for us for free".

With HP's recent track record I'm not going to get my hopes up quite
yet. Now if they'd opensource VMS I'd be interested...

Regards,

Mat