Re: [LUG] Parallel printer - to USB

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Julian Hall wrote:

On 30/11/2011 09:21, Brad Rogers wrote:
I wouldn't take it as read that no USB cable will be included.  All the
USB printers I've ever bought included one.  In fact, all the printers
I have ever bought included the required connector cable, be it
Centronics or USB.

In the last ten to fifteen years, none of the ones I've bought have included one.. or scanners for that matter. Perhaps individual outlets may bundle them, but not had one included in the OEM package for years.

Not much experience, but the last printer I bought - Epson - 10ish years ago had both a USB and parallel connector - it came with a parallel printer cable, but not USB - the last printer my wife bought, an HP PhoroSmart thing came with a USB connector and Ethernet - it came with a USB cable (but no Ethernet cable!)

Scanner wise - Wifes HP has a scanner - the last scanner I bought had a SCSI interface... Which always struck me as a weird thing to use for scanners, but it was (might still be) very popular - presumably due to the higher data rate needed.

Gordon