[LUG] Orca screen reader was Re: dear list i'm trey...

On 20/11/11 18:27, trahern culver wrote:
> i use ubuntu with the orca screen

Trey,

could you give those of us a bit out of date, or ignorant, of
accessibility for the visually impaired some tips on what to look for in
applications that make them work well with the orca screen reader?

I'm guessing the mainstream GNOME applications support ST-API, so at
least work properly with the reader even if occasionally there are
interface features in applications that haven't been thought through.

I assume many command line tools are also usually okay if they don't
make a habit of spewing too much spurious output in error messages?

Anything else we should look for in making recommendations for you?

 Simon