Re: [LUG] OT: Internet going down in evenings

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> Sounds like electrical interference from something on a timer.... or
>
> Street lights?
> your own house lights going on?
> Central Heating?
> Cleaners in a nearby office?
> Local radio station "pumping up the volume"?

I think the first three are ruled out by the fact that it starts more
or less at the same time every day, regardless of the
season/temperature. There's no nearby office, nor a radio station that
I know of. Could, of course, be something someone else is doing in our
flat (though something on a daylight-saving-time-agnostic timer, which
makes it pretty weird).

Would it be worth moving the router around (e.g. to a different room)
to see if that makes a difference? Or is the problem likely to be
further upstream?

Martijn.