Re: [LUG] easy backup program

On 06/11/11 16:23, Simon Robert -Cottage wrote:
don't know why a USB hard drive should cost over 200 quid. Tesco's
cheapest, iomega 500GB, is £40 and there are TB ones for around £80.

Simon

The problem is some of the factories (maybe most of them?) are under water at the moment. Stocks of hard drives are drying up (excuse the pun) which is forcing prices up. Look online at drive prices and you'll see what I mean.

It's possible that some suppliers still have some stock, but I expect over the next couple of weeks they'll run out too. (I ordered a 500GB drive from PC World for 23 quid on the off chance they had any, they've already run out and gave me a refund).

Rob