Re: [LUG] Penzance School spends £300,000 on an iPad for every pupil

You make some good points, Anthony.  I was also somewhat disturbed to read about the head saying that  "perhaps"  iPads will "replace pens and paper".  This is a learning establishment we're talking about here, isn't it?!  IT should enhance aspects of traditional learning (and vice versa), not be a sweeping, gratuitous replacement.  It seems that some people think that IT is some sort of panacea or holy grail.   Jack.   Teacher and ITophile.