Re: [LUG] Sending docs in MS format

On 17/10/11 20:33, Grant Sewell wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:32:14 +0000
> Adam Latham wrote:
>

>> Maybe it's a mail client thing... Just a thought.
>> Message sent using BlackBerryÂ
>
> Winmail.dat is usually a result of someone using Outlook and sending an
> attachment to someone who is not using Outlook.
>
> Grant.

1) I use Windows 7   MS office 2007 , Vista  MS Office 2003, XP MS
Office 2000 and have Windows 7 with Office 2010 as well as OpenSUSE.
Knoppix etc

.dat files can be renamed  .doc and will open

Security
BEST to reply with PDF to avoid extraction of personal data to databases
 (with errors!).
 If they want 'Extractable file' send 'pure text file' ex OO.O or Office
or whatever with note PDF is correct application for filing.

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald