Re: [LUG] Oh Woe is me - Laptop recommendations time please

n Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> preferably one that will last as long as the one that’s just packed up after
> 8 years
> looking around 3-400 large screen and good sound but no need for gaming.
> other than novatech that is...
> Tom te tom te tom
>
> --

Hi Tom,

Whilst I am not really up with the latest and greatest hardware etc
(not that you need that by the sounds of it?) the following laptop
reliability study done in 2009 with a sample size of around 30,000
suggests that Asus (and then Toshiba) are the most reliable laptop
manufacturers. HP was the least reliable.

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/laptop-reliability-1109/

You wont like the fact it's a PDF - sorry! lol

Also, perhaps consider a refurbed laptop? In which case :-

http://www.tier1online.com/Info/tier_aboutus.htm

Might be of some interest?

Best wishes
roly :-)