Re: [LUG] Permission Map

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011, Gibbs wrote:

Is there anything out there that can help to get an overview of a directory structure and the permissions? I need to look into a shared hosting environment that has a lot of directories and files and was curious if there is anything to make my life a bit easier. At the moment I am manually viewing the permissions or searching for specific ones. In other words how do you go about managing the permissions on a complex structure you know nothing about?

ls -lR

conbined with the usual grep, sed, awk, etc. to filter the data.

Gordon