Re: [LUG] Uploading to IIS without Frontpage or FTP

On 21/09/11 22:42, Simon Waters wrote:
On 21/09/11 19:12, Martin Gautier wrote:
The title says it all really. I have a website server which will only
allow you to upload using Frontpage - port 80 only is open and FTP is
not available. Is there a Linux tool which I can use to upload files?
Is it really Front Page extensions, or is it using WebDAV under the hood?

If Front Page extensions I don't know of a client. It is some sort of
CGI interface using HTTP PUT, but I'm not aware of anything outside
Microsoft that talks it. But then I've never used it in anger.

WebDav - well you have the magic word to Google; "cadaver" is a good
tool to start with, there are also some "blackhat" tools around that
will tell you if it is installed (I think they are just reading the HTTP
header so "wget -S" will probably work if you know what you are looking
for).

I think most IIS stuff likely not to have known vulnerabilities is going
to be doing WebDav by now.
It's not webdav, I've tried that (anonynmous and secure). It must be frontpage extensions but there's nothing specific in the header or nmap.

I feel a new linux hosting account coming on...

Martin