Re: [LUG] Trading and IT.

On 16 September 2011 18:09, jody salt <jody_leigh_salt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "I mean that instead of it being chaos, run it in turns, or bounds as
> some games apparently do."
>
> By "bounds" do you mean "within rules". Like a maximum trades per second? Or
> you have to wait a certain amount of time between buying and selling a
> share.

Ever played Chess, or Go, or Monopoly or Risk?

Or would you like to play Global Thermonuclear Warfare?

Each player decides on their move(s) (purchase, sale whatever)
The moves are committed on the 947th millisecond of each 1 second
period or whatever pace and timing seems appropriate.

Thus making timing attacks on the stability of the system less
effective, one hopes.
--
Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/