Re: [LUG] Trading and IT.

On 15/09/11 13:14, Henry Bremridge wrote:

> The trick apparently is that if someone wants to buy then you are first to
> offer to sell first (and v/v).

That suggests to me that the price mechanism is broken.

Time to switch the exchange to a more obviously auction like process? I
appreciate you can't remove the time element completely, but it seems to
me that a smart price mechanism would eliminate some of the daftness the
stock market sees in shares with low volumes of trade where the current
price mechanism falls apart because it doesn't emulate an auction well
in such circumstances. I suspect such a mechanism would eliminate much
of the profit to be made in short term transactions that the people who
runs such things currently rely on to make it so lucrative.