Re: [LUG] Partitioned Hard drive

Brilliant Rob,
This worked well.  Thanks so much.
Alan

From: Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, 28 August 2011, 14:29
Subject: Re: [LUG] Partitioned Hard drive

On 27/08/11 12:55, Alan Lumb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help?
> I installed Ubuntu 10.10 along side Windows XP but I have never been
> able to return to Windows as the cursor on the Grub page will not move!
> I have checked it on the BIOS page and it does move still. My existing
> set up has worked with Windows for some yours.
>
> Regards
> Alan

I've seen this recently on a PC.  Are you using a USB keyboard?

I found that enabling USB Legacy mode (sometimes I think it's referred to as USB Keyboard and Mouse) then it should work.  I think it's basically when the machine starts it won't pick up the USB keyboard in Grub unless you set enable the legacy devices mode.

Hope this helps.

Rob

-- The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG